Thursday, November 4, 2010

The polls

I am in the leap program in which I worked the polls on nov 2, 2010 .  This was the first time I had worked the polls and noticed that the majority of voters that came out to vote were elderly americans and many were from different origins such as latin America, Korea and China.  My table had about 200 votes and they system could use some a better layout format.  The workers are usually older,  so they are slower and the lines begin to get line for the voters that are actually there. On one or two occasions I could see the frustration in the wait, influencing the whether or not they would vote. Perhaps if they had a more smoother system the process could flow more efficiently .  It seemd to be a bit chaotic but after a long day everyone seemed pleased that they got to vote themselves. One person said that it was important for her vote to count because then she has the right to complain about what our governmental system does or doesnt do for the people. I can concur.

No comments:

Post a Comment